Childcare - Intermediate Apprenticeship at Total People
Apprenticeship qualifications for the Children & Young People’s Workforce
NCFE / CACHE Level 2 Certificate for the Children’s and Young People’s Workforce
Also includes working towards:
- Functional skills maths L1
- Functional skills English L1
- Functional skills ICT L1
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment responsibilities and rights
Length of the course - 12 months
What you’ll be doing
- Personal development
- Equality and inclusion
- Child and young person development
- Support development
- Safeguarding and well being
- Health and safety
- Positive behaviour
- Positive environments
- Partnership working
- Supporting relationships
- Managing illness and injury
You will then select option units that relate to your job role to complete your Level 2 Certificate.
Who is it for?
- Assistant playgroups workers
- Assistants in children’s centres
- Assistants in day nurseries, nursery schools and nursery classes in primary schools
- Registered childminders and nannies
- Support workers in the above settings
- Anyone who works with children and young people in the voluntary sector, including volunteers who are not covered by another sector skills body
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children’s and Young People’s Workforce
- You must be employed or on a placement in a childcare setting for at least 30 hours/week.
- Training one day a week and observations in the workplace.
Fully funded for employers with less than 1000 employees. For employers with 1000+ employees, please contact us for further details.
Aged 24 and over
Total People require employers to make a contribution towards the cost for all learners aged 24 years and over, embarking on an Apprenticeship.
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Childcare
- Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Foundation Degree in Early Years
Please visit our website for further information
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Total People directly.