Geography AS/A-Level at Shire Oak Academy
- Unit 1 is Physical Geography and People in the Environment
- Unit 2 is Human Geography and Geography fieldwork investigation - both units are 1 hour and 30 min exams (each exam being 50 % of the AS)
- Unit 1 is Physical Geography
- Unit 2 is Human Geography both 2 hour and 30 min exams (each exam 40% of the A level)
- Unit 3 is a Geographical Investigation - Project Marked by teacher (20% of the A Level)
Students are expected to have gained a Grade C or above in the higher tier GCSE Geography paper.
Geography is a subject that opens many doors. As well as higher education studying geography can lead to careers in business management, planning, tourism, retail administration, estate agency, resource management and surveying, as well as many other professions such as law and accountancy.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shire Oak Academy directly.