Health and Social Care Level 3 Technical Certificate at Wales High School and Business and Enterprise College with Applied Learning
This is a two year course, however students will achieve some accreditation at the end of the first year. The units studied as part of this course provide you with an in depth knowledge of key subject areas in Health and Social Care including:
· The role of the Health and Social Care Practitioner in meeting individuals’ needs through inclusive practice
· Theories of human growth and development
- The role and responsibilities of the Health and Social Care Practitioner in relation to safeguarding individuals
- The role and responsibilities of the Health and Social Care Practitioner in relation to infection prevention and control
- The functions of national and local Health and Social Care provision
· Identifying and planning for professional development
The high level of knowledge and skills required to achieve this qualification enables you to progress to Higher Education within Health and Social Care, or a related field of study, as well as providing you with a strong basis on which to build within the workplace if that is your preferred future route into caring professions.
The Examination Board for this course is NCFE CACHE.
Where can this lead?
You should take this qualification if you want to progress to further learning at Level 4 or above in a related field of study. Upon completion of this qualification you will be able to access Higher Education and progress into a wide range of job roles within the Health and Social Care sector such as:
- Care Support Workers in adult residential settings.
- Healthcare Assistants in community, primary care and acute health environments.
- Care support workers in domiciliary services, supported living or day services.
- Community-Based Support Workers
- Sheffield Hallam University accept this qualification for entry onto their child nursing course.
Course Breakdown - Lower Sixth
- Equality, diversity and rights in Health and Social Care
- Human growth and development
- Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Communication in Health and Social Care
- Infection prevention and control in Health and Social Care
Course Breakdown - Upper Sixth
- Working in Health and Social Care
- Reflective practice
- Psychological perspectives in Health and Social Care
- Sociological perspectives in Health and Social Care
A four day educational visit to Euro Disney ensures students experience the wider application of their studies beyond the classroom.
Five GCSEs at 9-4 (or equivalent), preferably including English at grade 5.
The assessment for this course is 33% external assessment and 67% coursework portfolio. There is also a work experience element which requires you to undertake 75 hours volunteering with Health and Social Care providers over the 2 years of your course. It is your responsibility to secure a volunteering placement with a Health and Social provider before the course begins.
This course is especially well complemented by studying any of the following subjects:
- Childcare (note when studied alongside single childcare this will provide you with the equivalent UCAS points to studying 3 A level subjects)
- Applied Science
Follow the link to see our Health & Social Care Student Profiles: http://www.waleshigh.com/student-profiles/
For further information, please contact - Miss Hartley / firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.