Mathematics A Level at Paddington Academy
- gain mathematical skills that help with the transition into higher education.
- the fact that maths complements many other A-level subjects.
- learning mathematical skills that will help them in many careers.
- understanding of the mathematics that underpin many aspects of our lives.
- acute logical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- the ability to process, interpret and analyse information.
Mathematical argument, language and proof
Mathematical problem solving
Pure: Proof, Algebra and functions, Co-ordinate geometry, Sequences and series, Trigonometry, Exponentials and logarithms, Calculus, Vectors
Statistics: Statistical sampling, Data presentation and interpretation, Probability, Statistical distributions, Statistical hypothesis testing.
Mechanics: Quantities, Kinematics, Forces and Newton’s laws, Moments
Two exams, taken summer 2018
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Paddington Academy directly.