Sport BTEC at Hinchingbrooke School Academy
Why Study Sport?
Sport currently sits in the top 15 industrial sectors in England, contributing £20.3 billion to the economy in 2014, 1.9% of the total. The number of sport related jobs in the UK is estimated at over 400,000. The sector also has a large number of volunteers, with the estimated economic value of sport-related volunteering at c£2.7 billion. Additionally participation in sport brings health benefits to the nation, which is currently estimated at c£11.2 billion. The BTEC is:
- Is recognised by schools, colleges, universities and employers.
· Is a practical, real-world approach to learning.
- Offers progress to further education, training and employment.
What Does The Course Involve?
The BTEC in Sport teaches the knowledge and skills you need to work in the industry.
- Learn about about the components of fitness and the principles of training and explore different training methods.
- Develop team working skills by organizing and leading sports activities and events and carrying out a variety of roles in a team.
- Present your work in a variety of ways, online research & using applications for presenting projects.
- Develop business and customer awareness.
- Investigate opportunities for employment in the industry, as well as exploring trends which effect participation in sport.
What Are The Entry Requirements?
How Will I Be Assessed?
Exam Board: Edexcel. Assessment happens throughout the course, in the form of assignments. There are three core assignments and then there is flexibility to select what other three assignments you follow.
Mandatory Core Units:
Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
The Physiology of Fitness
Assessing Risk in Sport
Fitness Training and Programming
Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
Practical Team Sports
Practical Individual Sports
Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
Leadership in Sport
Exercise, Health and Lifestyle
Work Experience in the Sport, leisure and recreation sector.
Leading To A Career In?
Gym instructor, personal trainer, coach, sports massage therapist, sports management, teaching, physiotherapy, sports psychology, sports journalism
Please contact the Head of Department JAT@hinchbk.cambs.sch.uk
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.