Hair and Media Make-up VTCT Level 2 Diploma at Guildford College
Level 2 Diploma in Hair and Media Make-up offers a combination of skills required to work within the Media industry.
- Offering cutting and styling skills for women’s hair and building skills in make-up application, eye treatments and make-up with photography.
- Including key units on Health and Safety, client care and communication, Applying make-up, the art of dressing hair, the art of photographic make-up and create an image based on a theme.
This will enable students to gain employment in salons, make up concessions, theatre, photographic and make over studios.
Excellent facilities with an excellent level of tuition from highly qualified staff.
You will train in modern, up-to-date salon facilities creating a realistic salon working environment. Guildford College offers modern media and photographic facilities and has close links with the many local theatres and photography and film studios.
- The Art of Dressing Hair
- The Art of Photographic Make-up
- Applying Make-up
- Client care and Communication
- Health and Safety Practice
- Creating an image based on a theme with the Hair and Beauty Sector
- Providing Eyelash and Brow Treatments
- Cutting Women’s Hair
- Colouring and Lightening Hair
- Themed Face Painting.
You should have achieved a Level 1 beauty qualification, with either a GCSE grade A*-C in English or maths, or 2 GCSEs at grades A*-C or equivalent including either English or maths.
You must demonstrate proven interest in the industry and have good references from your school or equivalent. You should also have a minimum of 80% attendance from your school/work/college.
Practical assessment through observation and consultation. Theory assessment through online end of unit exams set via VTCT.
All other theory criteria is to be met via oral questioning and assignments where required. Students are required to undertake work experience in the theatre, salon or photographic sector.
Upon successful completion of this course, students can progress on to the VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Theatrical, Special Effects and Hair and Media Make-Up course as well into employment into cosmetic / make-up and / or hair retail industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Guildford College directly.