Music Technology BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at The City of Liverpool College
The Level 3 Diploma in Music Technology is a two year course and is equivalent to three A levels. This course is aimed at students that are serious about music and/or sound production as a career. The course covers Digital and analogue recording and mixing techniques, Music Sequencing, music and sound production, marketing, the music industry, music and sound for multimedia, live sound and much more.
The L3 Diploma in Music technology course is aimed at aspiring music producers, musicians, sound engineers (live and studio) and students that want to be involved in music and sound for media such as Games, Film and TV.
The college has two recording studios and four computer music suites (two PC based and two Mac based). In the Music Technology Department the sequences that we use range from Cubase to Pro Tools to Logic Pro.
The course team comprises entirely of qualified teaching staff that have been sourced from industry and remain active within their profession. This often provides promising students with opportunities for work on real productions outside the college and has led to jobs in the industry.
- 5 GCSEs Grade C or above including either Maths or English.
- Some experience in Music Sequencing and/or audio recording and mixing to GCSE standard.
- Knowledge of current music and audio software.
- Some knowledge of microphones and mixing consoles.
- If you are currently on a Level 2 Diploma (or equivalent) in Music Technology you must have 85% attendance as well as a distinction to progress from L2 to L3
The L3 Diploma in Music Technology prepares students for either work in their chosen industry or to progress to higher education.
Employment opportunities might include:
- Recording Studios
- Radio or TV sound engineering
- Live Sound
- Sound for computer games and other multimedia
Please note that for some university courses you may need GCSE English and/or Maths and Science at C or above. You must check this with the universities you may wish to apply to.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The City of Liverpool College directly.