Plastering - Level 2 Diploma at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
During this course you will study a range of units to prepare you for a job in plastering, including safe working practices and communicating with others, and practical units which cover detailed plastering techniques.
- Safety working practices
- How to apply plaster to external and internal surfaces
- How to direct bond plasterboard to internal surfaces
- Lay floor screen
- How to produce and fix fibrous products.
- Either trade experience OR
- A Level 1 Diploma in Plastering Construction OR
- A relevant foundation construction award
You will need to attend an interview with the tutor before being accepted on to the course. You may also need to supply at least one written reference from a teacher or employer (in some cases two) and/or your current school or college report.
Mature students (those aged 21 or over) who do not have the qualifications required for entry may still be eligible, subject to an interview. Relevant experience, a strong portfolio of work and a commitment to the subject you wish to study may be acceptable for certain courses.
You will be assessed through the following methods:
- Online tests
- Practical assessment
- Theory tests
- Health and Safety test.
This course will give you a qualification that will allow you to apply for roles in a construction setting.
What can I go on to study?
- Level 3 plastering courses (where available)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.