RECORDING ARTIST DEVELOPMENT & BUSINESS L2 at Big Creative Education
This course is aimed at young people who are interested in developing a career as a songwriter/performer/recording artist. It will give you the opportunity to develop
your writing and performance skills with experienced industry professionals. You will be building on your own personal and social development, and work towards setting targets and achieving goals. Through the Recording Artist Development and Business course you will be exploring and practicing important skills and techniques.
- Create and rehearse a performance of your own material
- Plan and stage events that you will manage as part of a team
- Write and record a collection of songs to an industry standard
- Learn how to earn a wage as an artist/songwriter
- Explore a range of techniques to develop effective song writing styles
- Learn and apply studio recording techniques
- Identify how to improve rehearsal practices
- Prepare and Perform a fifteen-minute set
- Be responsible for successfully managing RUN BCE
Applicants must be between the ages of 16-18 on the 1st September 2015 – Prospective students will be offered places on a conditional basis until they receive their GCSE results.LEVEL 1
No prior qualifications required
A commitment and passion for music, media, events or fashion
Applicants for L2 courses must have at least 5 GCSEs at D or below (or equivalent) including EnglishLEVEL 3
Applicants for L3 courses must have at least 5 GCSEs at C or above (or equivalent) including English C and Maths D
*Places will be awarded to learners who meet our course entrance criteria, are willing to learn and show the most potential.
There are no fees attached
- You will have the opportunity to perform at various Big Creative events.
- You will learn about the UK music recording industry, as well as have the opportunity to perform in front of an industry specialist panel (consisting of A&Rs, performers etc).
- The Portfolio you build along with the skills you have developed can be applied to a range of jobs or training within the creative industries.
- You will be able to progress into a higher level course or a Music Business Apprenticeship with Big Creative or other providers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Big Creative Education directly.