Core Skills Level 2 at The Basildon Academies Sixth Form
This course aims to develop the skills needed for further
education or employment
This course is for students who:
- Have been unsuccessful at GCSE Maths and English
- Want to re-enforce basic skills at L1/2
You will learn:
- Enhanced Numeracy Skills
- Enhanced Literacy Skills
- How to apply knowledge learned to working life situations.
Functional Skills Maths
- Understanding whole numbers
- Solving problems using addition, subtraction and multiplication
- Finding halves and quarters of shapes and numbers
- Time on digital and analogue clocks
- Counting money and finding change
- Measurements, including metric units
- Names of 2D and 3D shapes
- Handling data, including tables and bar charts
Functional Skills English Reading:
- identify main points and how they are presented in different texts
- Read and understand texts and take appropriate action
- Write clearly and coherently including an appropriate level of detail
- Use correct grammar including subject/verb agreement and correct and consistent use of tense
- Ensure written work includes accurate grammar, punctuation and spelling and that meaning is clear
Speaking & Listening:
- Make relevant contributions to discussions
- Be flexible in discussions, making different kinds of contributions
General Sixth Form.
Functional Skills by online exam.
Life Skills by continuously assessed Coursework
Successful completion of this BTEC Lifeskills will give access
to a range of possible career and further education opportunities.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Basildon Academies Sixth Form directly.