Construction BTEC Level 2 First Diploma at Oldershaw Academy
This course is designed to give you good knowledge and skills to develop a career and work in construction. It covers many practical trade skill areas such as brickwork, carpentry, plastering and painting and decorating. It presents these skills in the context of the Construction industry and the environment and provides an excellent foundation on which to do further study and pursue a technician or professional level career.
You will study and be assessed in the subjects below:
- Safe working practices and welfare in construction
- Sustainability in construction
- Structure of the construction industry
- Carpentry and joinery
- Brickwork, block work
- Painting, decorating and paper hanging
It is suggested by the awarding body that learners with any of the following may show an ability to progress to a Level 2 qualification:
- A BTEC Level 1 qualification in construction or a related vocational area
- A standard of literacy and numeracy supported by a general education equivalent to four GCSEs at grade D-G
- Other related Level 1 qualifications
- Related work experience.
- BTEC Level 3 qualifications in Construction, Civil Engineering or Building Services
- Possible employment with further training
- NVQ training in related industries
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Oldershaw Academy directly.