Land-Based Studies Level 1 Diploma at Newbury College
The Level 1 Diploma in Land-based Studies has been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
- Engage in learning which is relevant to them and will provide opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
- Achieve a nationally recognised Entry or Level 1 vocationally related qualification
- Progress to employment in the land-based sector
- Progress to related vocational qualifications.
During this qualification you will gain knowledge, experience and skills working with a wide range of pet animals, exotics and farm livestock. Typical modules taken are:
- Unit 14 : Care of Farm Animals
- Unit 15 : Maintain the Safety of Self and Others in the Workplace
- Unit 16 : Assist with the Maintenance of Equipment
- Unit 17 : Assist with the Care of Animals
- Unit 21 : Farm Animal Health
- Unit 22 : Assist with Feedstuffs for Small Animals
- Plus a Skills Project
Level 1 Certificate in Land-based Studies. Learners usually take the Diploma as a 2nd year to their Level 1 programme to continue with studies that they have already done in the Level 1 programme. If you have a Level 1 Certificate in Land-based studies from another college you can apply.
Assessment will be by course work and completion of a learner portfolio.
Learners could progress onto the Level 2 Extended Certificate in Animal Care course at Newbury College.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Newbury College directly.