Beauty Levels 2&3 at Seaton Burn College
Year 12 VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General (QCF)
This qualification is based at Seaton Burn College and you will work in our salon Sparkle @ Seaton.
The course will provide you with the requisite knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as a beauty therapist. This includes both theory and practical work and will incorporate anatomy & physiology.
• Provide facial skin care treatment
• Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and eyelashes
• Carry out waxing services
• Provide manicure services
• Provide pedicure services
• Develop & maintain effectiveness at work
• Promote additional services or products to customers
• Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety.
• Provide make up services
• Fulfil salon reception duties
The course will be delivered by theory sessions, practical workshops and you will work in our very own commercial salon. Independent study is an essential part and requirement of this course.
Methods of assessment
Throughout the programme you will be continually assessed through observation of practical skills, oral questioning, assignment work and written questions, module tests and you will also produce a portfolio of evidence towards your competency.
On successful completion of this course you will then progress onto Level 3 Beauty Massage.
You will require a kit and have to wear full beauty therapist uniform (more details at interview)
Qualifications for entry should include 3 GCSE Grade D or above.
You will require a good work ethic demonstrating enthusiasm & commitment. You will be asked to attend an interview for this course.
Year 13 - VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Massage (QCF)
The level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Massage (QCF) is a job ready qualification based on National Occupational Standards.
This qualification will provide you with the requisite knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as an advanced beauty therapist specialising in massage.
• Provide body massage treatments
• Provide Indian head massage
• Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
• Provide stone therapy treatments
• Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
• Contribute to the planning & implementation of promotional activities
• Provide self tanning services
• Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Seaton Burn College directly.