Business CTEC Level 2 Certificate at Aquinas College
Businesses are at the heart of the economy. They develop innovation, create wealth within communities and lead the way in enhancing the skill of the UK workforce. This vocational course is suitable preparation for employment, an ideal foundation for students entering the workplace, providing them with a theoretical background reinforced with practical skills that transfer into the modern workplace.
This qualification is especially suitable for those wishing to gain a level 2 qualification to support further study in FE. This course is 100% coursework and equivalent to 2 GCSEs at grades A* – C. This course would be suitable for students who:
- Want to learn about how the business world works
- Want to develop skills, knowledge and understanding that will enable progression.
Six Units make up the qualification. Typical units of study include –
- Business purposes – Students will gain a clear understanding of the main features and characteristics of the local business environment including the purpose and different forms of ownership.
- Business organisations – Students will have an understanding of the aims and objectives that business organisations have
- People in organisations – A unit which teaches how skills for employability are broadly formalised and documented in the recruitment process and how they fit in into job roles and organisational structures
There are no exams. Your tutor will assess your work for all Units and this will be moderated by OCR.
This qualification will equip students to work in roles such as office, sales or administrative assistance.
Students can continue to undertake NVQ or other occupational qualifications or another level 3 qualifications.
Throughout the year we run a variety of trips to businesses in the local area. These trips include:
- Manchester Airport
- Stockport Town Centre
- Chester Zoo
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Aquinas College directly.