Hairdressing Apprenticeship Level 2 at West Lancashire College
The course is designed for any individual with knowledge or passion for the hairdressing industry. You will be employed within the hairdressing sector and must have excellent communication skills, good customer relations and be willing to work hard as a junior within your selected salon. You will be undertaking all aspects of hairdressing from upholding Health & Safety to the technical aspect of hairdressing such as cutting and colouring.
- NVQ Certificate in Hairdressing- this is the main body of the qualification and it has two elements - a practical element and theory element.
- The theory element is undertaken in college classrooms this will include theory input, written exam and research activities.
- Practical skills work shops are also undertaken in the college salons to update your skills and ability.
You will undertake training and assessment within your place of work; our work based assessor will visit you on a regular basis to undertake assessment.
Key skill- Level 1 key skills in Maths and English are the second component these will be delivered in college.
Employers Rights and Responsibilities- will also be delivered and assessed within the college and salon environment.
The requirements for the course are -
- To be employed within the hairdressing industry
- Have a passion for the industry of Hairdressing
- Aged 16+
- To be able to express creativity within the hairdressing industry
- To able to gain level 1 key skills in English & Maths ( dependent on GCSE results)
Delivery to be undertaken one day a week in college classrooms and salon.
Competence will be demonstrated through practical observations.
Knowledge will be assessed through written exams and research activities.
A completed portfolio with photographic and written evidence will be completed at the end of the course.
A completed portfolio with written evidence will be completed at the end of the course for key skills and ERR.
Level 3 Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact West Lancashire College directly.