Statistics A-Level at Windsor High School and Sixth Form
Statistics is a stimulating subject for those who enjoy a structured process of problem solving and a logical way of thinking. Throughout the course you will
- Develop an understanding of statistics and statistical processes in a way that promotes confidence and fosters enjoyment.
- Develop your abilities to construct a logical statistical argument and recognise incorrect statistical reasoning.
- Extend your range of statistical knowledge, skills and techniques, and use them in both structures and unstructured problems.
- Recognise how a situation may be represented statistically and understand the relationship between ‘real world’ problems and statistical models, and how the later can be refined and improved.
- Develop an awareness of the relevance of statistics to other fields of study, to the world of work and to society in general.
- Take an increasing responsibility for your own learning and the evaluation of your own mathematical development.
Students need to demonstrate evidence of a positive, self-motivated approach to learning and a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above in five different subject areas (including English and Maths).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Windsor High School and Sixth Form directly.