Fabrication and Welding - Level 2 City & Guilds Certificate at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
This course will qualify you as a welder/fabricator, developing your skills in:
- Sheet metalwork
- Plate working
- TIG, MMA and MIG
- Thermal cutting
- Welding machine operation
You will also learn how to work efficiently and safely in an engineering environment.
Develop practical skills in sheet metalwork, plate working, YIC, MMA, MIG, thermal cutting, welding machine operation, and brazing/soldering.
Learn how to work effectively and safely in an engineering environment
- Four GCSEs with at least 3 points (grade D) including English and maths with 3 points (grade D) OR
- A Level 1 Diploma in Fabrication and Welding and competition of a four-week introductory course.
You will need to attend an interview with the tutor before being accepted on to the course. You may also need to supply at least one written reference from a teacher or employer (in some cases two) and/or your current school or college report.
Mature students (those aged 21 or over) who do not have the qualifications required for entry may still be eligible, subject to an interview. Relevant experience, a strong portfolio of work and a commitment to the subject you wish to study may be acceptable for certain courses.
- Verbal questioning
- Practical performance observation
What can I go on to study?
- Higher-level qualifications in engineering or welding
- Welding trades
- Sheet metal workers
- Metal plate workers, and riveters
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.