Public Services BTEC Diploma Level 1 at East Berkshire College
On this course you will get a broad understanding of public services and develop your practical and interpersonal skills for working in the public sector.
There are six compulsory units:
- Uniformed and non-uniformed public services sector
- Intro to fitness and lifestyle for working in the public services
- Personal effectiveness for the public services
- Diversity in the public services
- Social responsibility for the value of the citizen in the public services
- Intro to health and safety in the public services
Four specialist units such as
- Intro to map work and navigation skills.
Functional skills will also be part of the programme and will provide an opportunity to develop your skills further.
Three GCSE's at Grade E or above.
You will study through a series of lectures and seminars, group and individual tasks to explore and research topics related to the units.
Practical activities and visits to develop an awareness and understanding of the career pathways in the various uniformed services.
BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Public Services.
Employment in the uniformed services such as Police, Emergency Fire Service and or Armed Forces.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.