Motor vehicle - Apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle (Light and Heavy Vehicles) level 2 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
• Maintain and repair cars, vans, lorries and other vehicles
• Diagnose problems, advise the owner about options and carry out required repairs
• Work on vehicle mechanical and electrical systems using a variety of tools and diagnostic equipment.
You will study:
• Health, safety and good housekeeping
• Support for automotive job roles
• Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices
• Routine light vehicle maintenance
• Remove and replace engine units/ components
• Remove and replace electrical units/ components
• Remove and replace chassis units/ components
• Inspect vehicles using prescribed methods
• Knowledge of transmission and driveline units/components
You’ll need to study maths, English and ICT unless you already have GCSE grade 4 or above.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades: English and maths at 4 or above and 2 other GCSEs at grade 3 or above including science or technology
• Continuous assessment in work and at college
• Demonstration of skills and competence in practical tasks
• Online exams for set units
• Portfolio of evidence
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship.
Contact the college, tel: 01484 437070 or email: email@example.com
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.