Physics *FEES PAYABLE* at Bedstone College
A physicist tries to understand and explain the behaviour of matter and energy. From such fundamental ideas spring the whole of engineering and technology. Physics is therefore interesting in its own right as an intellectual discipline; it is also fascinating in its practical applications. An A level in physics will demonstrate to your future employer the ability to reason logically and deal with complex information.
Physics is a demanding subject: you require the ability to make careful measurements and interpret those results within a theory of knowledge.
The Scheme of Assessment for the Cambridge AS and A2 each requires 2 units and assessment of practical skills.
In the Lower Sixth in addition to seven class periods per week students are expected to work on their own initiative in their private study periods, in the evenings and at weekends. In the Upper Sixth class periods increase to eight at A2 level.
* Mechanics (Motion, Forces in Action, Work and Energy)
* Electrons, Waves and Photons (Electric Current, Resistance, DC Circuits, Waves, Quantum
* The Newtonian World (Newton's Laws and Momentum, Circular Motion and Oscillations,
* Thermal Physics)
* Fields, Particles and Frontiers of Physics (Electric and Magnetic Fields, Capacitors and
* Exponential Decay, Nuclear Physics, Medical Imaging, Modelling the Universe)
5 GCSEs at grade C or above.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bedstone College directly.