Physical Education A2 Level at South Wirral High School
The course comprises of theoretical units in anatomy & physiology, sports psychology, the history of sport and contemporary and comparative issues in sport. There is also a practical component in year 12 and 13. Students are assessed through written coursework projects and in both theoretical and practical exams.
- Exercise and Sports Physiotherapy (20%)
- Historical Studies in PE (15%)
- Psychology of Sport Performance (15%)
- Synoptic Assessment (20%)
- Physical Activities (20%)
- Observation and Analysis (10%)
GCSE Grade C or above in Science
GCSE Grade C or above in PE
It would be advantageous if students opting to take A level PE were a regular member of at least one sports team/club.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Wirral High School directly.