Hairdressing Level 1 Certificate at Harlow College
This course will give you the skills and knowledge you need to provide basic shampoo and condition, styling men's and women's hair, plaiting and twisting, the art of dressing hair, salon reception duties, hair make-up, manicure and pedicure treatments. You will gain an insight into working in the sector and knowledge of the health, safety and hygiene requirements.
- Introduction to the Hair and Beauty sector
- Present a professional image
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Working with others in the hair and beauty sector
- Shampoo and condition
- Create an image using colour in the Hair and Beauty Sector
- Styling Women's Hair
- Styling Men's Hair
- Plaiting and Twisting
- Salon Reception
- The Art of Colouring Hair
- The Art of Dressing Hair
- Shaping and colouring eyebrows
Observation of performance, assignments and exams.
Textbook, USB memory stick, stationery, uniform, kit.
- Salon job opportunities
- Setting up your own business
- Progression onto Level 2 & 3 Hairdressing and Barbering
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harlow College directly.