Health & Social Care Level 2 Cambridge Technical at Chipping Sodbury School
Students study two core units (Communication & Ensuring safe environments in health and social care) whilst selecting two optional units (some of which may include Anatomy and physiology for health and social care & The impact of diet on health). This course can be tailored to suit individual interests within health and social care.
This qualification will provide valuable opportunities for learners to:
- develop skills
- gain underpinning knowledge and understanding
- provide progression to further study in Further Education (FE)
For Level 2 courses, students are expected to have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade G or above. All students who have not achieved a C in English or Maths will be required to re-sit that GCSE Course.
This course is assessed by staff (and followed by a visiting moderator) to ensure learners meet the learning outcomes . Evidence which could be produced could include:
- observation of practice, including video or DVD recording
- questioning the learner
- examining written evidence such as assignments, tasks, planning
- examining evidence from others such as witness statements
Your teachers will agree the best method of assessing a learner in relation to their individual circumstances to ensure that all are inspired to excel in this subject.
This qualification is suitable for:
- Learners studying in preparation for employment in Health and Social Care
- Learners wishing to progress to a Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care
- Learners wishing to gain a Level 2 qualification in order to move on to level 3 study in other subject areas
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Chipping Sodbury School directly.