Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Advanced Diploma Level 3 at York College
This is an ideal course for students wishing to enter the construction industry in the fields of management, design and supervision.
Core units include:
- Health, Safety and Welfare
- Sustainable Construction
- Maths, Science and Materials
- Construction Technology and Design Construction
- Building Technology in Construction
Optional units include:
- Graphical Detailing in Construction and the Built Environment
- Surveying in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Computer Aided Drafting and Design in Construction
- Project Management in Construction and the Built Environment
- Measuring, Estimating and Tendering
- Economics and Finance in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Setting Out Processes in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Building Surveying
- Building Regulations and Control in Construction
- Design Procedures in Construction
- Conversion and Adaptation of Buildings
- Construction Design Technology
A minimum of 4 Cs at GCSE including Maths (grade 4) and English (grade 4). All applicants will need to be successful at interview.
Assessment is by coursework and a maximum of two assignments per unit.
Higher education (degrees, HNCs, HNDs), Higher Apprenticeships or full membership of relevant professional bodies. Past students have gone on to study degrees in Surveying and Quantity Surveying, and employment in the construction industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact York College directly.