Level 3 Diploma in Children's Play, Learning and Development (Early Years Educators) at Smart Training
The new Level 3 qualification enables learners to play a key role in supporting the early education and care of young children in a range of settings from full day care to child minding.
It has much more of an emphasis on the Early Years Foundation Stage, child development, legislation outdoor play and behaviour than the previous qualification.
To complete the course learners need to have achieved grades A-C in GCSE maths and English before they complete the qualification. The GCSE tuition is built into the monthly study days and learners get unparalleled personal support to gain the necessary grades. Plenty of support is also available on our Online Training Academy and through the online service BKSB.
The course covers:
- Understanding children's early years education and development
- Implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Diversity, equality and inclusion in early years settings
- Planning and providing effective teaching in early years settings
- Making accurate and productive use of assessment in early years settings
- Developing effective and informed professional practice in early years settings
- Promoting the health, safety and well-being of children in early years settings
- Child protection and safeguarding
- Partnership working in early years.
Learners also choose to study optional units including:understanding how to promote play and learning, supporting outdoor play, supporting disabled children and those with specific requirements, supporting children at meal times, caring for the physical and nutritional needs of babies and young children and supporting the development of positive behaviour in children.
Must be employed for at least 30 hours a week
Funding available for eligible learners who have lived in the UK or European Union for the past three years and don't hold a UK recognised degree.
To find out more about this qualification, contact us, ask your Connexions Personal Adviser or school/college careers staff.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Smart Training directly.