Clinical Healthcare Support BTEC Diploma Level 2 and Dementia Care Award Level 2 at Hugh Baird College
This course is for those aged 16 and above who are wishing to undertake a career in the Health Care Profession.
This course will enable you to develop knowledge, understanding and skills relevant to working in the Health sector.
Work placements with local providers will be an essential feature of this programme and it will also be associated with the development of new technology that is being developed to support people with independent living arrangements.
As part of this programme, you will also study the Award in Awareness of Dementia (QCF) which provides you with a solid awareness of dementia care issues.
The programme also includes studying Math’s and English functional skills, or towards GCSE grade A-C if you do not already have these grades.
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Health and Safety
- Dementia care
In order to qualify for this course, you will need:
- 4 GCSEs at grade E or above including English or a relevant Level 1 qualification.
Entry to all courses are subject to a successful interview, a satisfactory reference from your school or employer and evidence that you will be a committed student.
Please note: To gain access to this course you will need to go through a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. If you have criminal convictions or cautions, please do not be put off from applying for the course. Your acceptance on to the course will depend on the nature of any convictions and will be at the discretion of the College and your placement provider.
16 - 18 Years: Free
- Dementia Care Worker
- Care Work
- Family Support Worker
- Heath Care Assistant
- Mental Health Nurse
- Health Nurse
- Social Care Assistant
- Social Worker
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.