Mathematics at The Long Eaton School
KEY FEATURES OF THE COURSE:
- Linear Assessment
- Studies of Pure Core Mathematics, Mechanics and Statistics
- Students will sit 2 exams at the end of Year 12 that will make up an AS Level.
- If students continue into Year 13, they will sit 3 exams at the end of the year and this will make up the full A Level (there is no contribution from the AS Exams)
TYPE OF ASSESSMENT IN YEAR 12 (all exams in May/June)
- Paper 1 – 1 ½ hours – 2/3 will be Pure Maths, 1/3 will be Mechanics
- Paper 2 – 1 ½ hours – 2/3 will be Pure Maths, 1/3 will be Statistics
TYPE OF ASSESSMENT IN YEAR 13 (all exams in May/June)
- Paper 1 ‐ 2 hours – 100% will be Pure Maths.
- Paper 2 – 2 hours – 50% Pure Maths and 50% Mechanics
- Paper 3 – 2 hours – 50% Pure Maths and 50% Statistics
Studying Mathematics will:
- provide a stimulating and challenging course;
- develop key employability skills such as problem ‐ solving, logical reasoning, communication and resilience;
- increase knowledge and understanding of mathematical techniques and their applications;
- support the study of other A level subjects;
- provide excellent preparation for a wide range of university courses;
- lead to a versatile qualification that is well ‐ respected by employers and higher education.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Long Eaton School directly.