Uniformed Public Services BTEC Diploma Level 3 at City of Wolverhampton College
During this course you will study:
- Government policies
- Leadership and teamwork
- Citizenship, diversity and the public services
- Understanding discipline
- Fitness testing and training
Optional Units include a selection from:
- Skills for land-based and adventurous activities
- Command and control
- Volunteering in the public services
- Crime and its effects on society
This course could open up a whole range of rewarding careers in the Armed Forces and emergency services. You’ll learn about major incidents, international perspectives, human behaviour, diversity, criminology and your own personal effectiveness in emergency situations.
A strong emphasis is placed on working effectively in a team and you will take part in a variety of outdoor activities such as navigation and orienteering. You’ll also work on your physical fitness by taking part in sports activities to bring you up to the level required by public service organisations.
You will benefit from a number of trips such as mountain walking in the Peak District, visits to the Houses of Parliament and House of Lords and development days with the army, Royal Marines and Royal Navy.
On completion of the course you could go directly in to employment in your chosen field or on to further higher-level study.
This is a full-time one year course leading to the Extended Diploma studied in year two
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSEs at Grade C or above (including English and Maths) or successful completion of the Level 2 BTEC First Diploma in Uniformed Public Services at Grade Merit or above
A variety of assessment methods are used including individual and group presentations, case studies, assignments, reports, practical fitness testing and practical application of map and compass work.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Apply to join the uniformed public services, such as the fire brigade, ambulance service, army, police and the prison service
- Progress onto Higher Education (HE) courses in this sector such as Public Services or Police Studies
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Wolverhampton College directly.