Media (Film & TV) BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate at Lambeth College
Our media courses are largely practical, providing you with a multitude of skills within a broad range of creative media production practices - essential to a career in the media industry where you will be expected to be multi-skilled.
You will receive hands-on experience by working on a range of projects with opportunities for you to gain experience working with professional mentors and media organisations, such as the BBC on exciting real world briefs.
You will study the following topics:
- The creative media sector, available jobs, what they involve, and how they might be obtained
- Understanding how media products are tailored for specific audiences and how an audience understands these products
- Video production, applying pre-production, production and post-production techniques
- Planning and producing an advertisement based on existing advertising techniques
- Managing production of a media product from initial ideas through to completion
- Digital graphics and production of an interactive and print based media product
- Research for creative media production
- Communication techniques in the media sector
You will be required to complete a College initial and diagnostic assessment and have an interview.
In the assessment you will need to achieve a minimum of Level 1 in English or Maths.
You will be expected to have 4 GCSEs at D grade or above, or an equivalent vocational qualification at Level 1, and have a commitment to study Maths and English to Level 2.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lambeth College directly.