Land-Based Technology City and Guilds Level 2 at Bishop Burton College
This programme has been developed for students wanting to follow a career in agricultural or horticultural engineering, or who want to progress to further vocational qualifications. One of the most popular aspects of this course is the amount of hands-on practical teaching you will recieve. The department is sponsored by the Lincolnshire Agricultural Machinery Manufacturers Association (LAMMA) and as a result, all Level 2 students are supplied with their own set of tools, which they keep on completion of their studies.
- Applying mechanical principles
- How to use, service and maintain tools and equipment
- Servicing and maintenance of land-based equipment
- Material preparation, shaping and assembling
- Work experience and employability skills
- English and Maths, as required.
Four GCSEs at grade D or 3 or equivalent, preferably including English and Maths, or a Level 1 qualification in a related subject. One satisfactory reference is also needed.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bishop Burton College directly.