Theatrical Media Make-up Level 3 VTCT Diploma at Preston's College
Then a career in theatrical and media could be for you. Theatrical and media is an exciting and dedicated industry to work in. On this course you will start your training by learning the basic design concepts and model casting needed to work in the industry.
You will be developed by industry trained tutors who know what it takes to be a successful employed/self-employed session stylist. You will have the opportunity to experience guest stylist demonstrations, access trips to museums and exhibitions and to join the gifted and talented team which represent the College in competitions.
Units of study:
– Apply airbrush make-up to the face
– Camouflage make-up
– Media make-up
– Style and fit postiche
– Fashion and photographic make-up
– Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
– Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
– Apply prosthetic pieces and bald caps
– Create and cast small prosthetic pieces and bald caps
– Fantasy hair design for performers
This course is for progression only; you will need either the Level 2 Hairdressing or Beauty Therapy qualification.
– Practical Client Assessments
– Portfolio of Evidence (E-portfolio)
– Practical Tasks
– Oral Questioning
– Written Tests
– Online Tests
You will be expected to provide some of your own clients for assessments and complete tasks to commercial time scales.
Preston’s College Course: Level 4 in Media Make-up, Special Effects & Hair
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Preston's College directly.