Further Mathematics AS/A Level at Boston High School
Further Mathematics aims to extend students beyond their usual expectations of the subject; students will study Discrete Mathematics for the first time whilst also learning about hyperbolic functions, imaginary numbers and polar coordinates. Much greater time is given to discussing questions and developing problem solving strategies to deal with abstract concepts.
Mathematics studied in this course will stretch the most able students and is ideal if you aim to study Maths, Physics, Engineering or Economics to University level.
You need ...
- Grade 7, 8 or 9 atGCSE Maths (however an 8 or 9 is recom‐ mended)
- To have a strong work ethic, a love of maths and good algebra skills are essential.
- Sheffield Hallam University ‐ Mathematics
- Nottingham Trent University ‐ Mathematics
- University of Sheffield ‐ Physics
- Aston University ‐ Business & Maths
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Boston High School directly.