Geography A-Level at Kendrick Academy
Contemporary geography is a subject which explicitly engages with the relationship of human populations with each other over space and time, and their relationship with their physical environment at a variety of scales from the local to the global. Geography therefore combines well with both arts and science subjects, as well as being a valuable subject in its own right.
The core content will be covered by all specifications (60% of content):
- Landscape systems – most likely to focus on Coastal Systems
- The Water and Carbon cycle;
- Global systems and Governance – which will focus on one of the following areas – all of which are highly relevant to the increasingly interconnected world in which we all live and work: Globalisation;
- Human Development/life expectancy;
- Global population migration
- Changing Places – this will focus a local area and at least one contrasting area. Geographical skills such as data analysis and effective communication.
The remaining 40% is likely to include:
- Tectonic Processes and Hazards
- One of the following areas: Climate Change; Disease Dilemmas; Exploring oceans or the Future of Food.
AS - Examinations (100%)
A Level – Examination (80%) and Independent Investigation (20%)
Geography is a broad based subject which is recognised by the Russell Group as one of the eight facilitating subjects that helps to keep your options open. As such, this course provides a strong grounding for those wishing to pursue a wide range of subject areas at degree level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kendrick Academy directly.