Health and Social Care (Child Focus) at Holgate Academy
This course is suitable for anyone hoping to work with children. We have specially selected the units that will be followed to cater to the needs of individuals who would like to work in a wide range of child care situations including; teaching, nursery nurse, special needs or child minding.
It also provides an alternative style of qualification that can be studied alongside traditional A’Levels. It carries the same UCAS points as A’Level if studied for two years.
Students will study 6 units that will be chosen to cater for the needs of the group however an example of how this might look is:
- Developing effective communication in health and social care
- Development through the life stages
- Sociological perspectives for health and social care
- Caring for children and young people
- Developing creativity in children and young people
- Safeguarding children and young people.
5 GCSE’S at A-C including Maths and English, a merit for Cambridge National in Health and Social Care would be an advantage but not essential.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holgate Academy directly.