Uniformed Public Services - Level 2 Diploma at Easton & Otley College
The course provides an introduction to the work of public service organisations. Students learn about the wide range of careers available in the Uniformed Public Services such as the police, ambulance service, army, navy, and royal air force.
There is the chance to develop a variety of personal skills such as communication and teamwork that are needed to be successful in applying for entry to one of these services.
There will be opportunities to take part in outdoor activities as well as visit many of the organisations studied on the course.
- Public Service Skills
- Employment in the Uniformed Public Services
- Career Planning for the Uniformed Public Services
- Improving Health and Fitness
- Driving in the Uniformed Public Services
- Adventurous Activities and Teamwork
- Attending Emergency Incidents in Uniformed Public Services
- 4 GCSEs at Grades D-G (English Language at Grade D)
- or NVQ Level 1 plus 2 GCSEs Grade D-G
- or Level 1 qualification normally Merit profile overall plus 2 key skills.
Assessment is through a range of written assignments, presentations and practical tasks.
Normally dependent on the outcome/profile of
Grades achieved, and routes could be:
- Extended Diploma Uniformed Public Services
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.