AS/A2 Applied Science at St John's Catholic School & Sixth Form College - A Catholic Academy
This course will appeal to those students who:
- Are willing to think around problems.
- Enjoy and can keep up to date with portfolio work.
- Have an interest in all of the science subjects.
- Enjoy carrying out practical science investigations.
- Wish to use it to support other subjects - other sciences, psychology, geography, health and social care and sports science.
This course is made up of 6 units:
3 AS Levels
- G620 Scientists at Work (portfolio unit)
- G621 Analysis at Work (portfolio unit)
- G622 Monitoring the Activity of the Human Body (examined unit)
3 A2 Levels
- G627 Investigating the Scientist’s Work (portfolio unit)
- G635 Working Waves (examined unit)
- G629 Synthesising Organic Chemicals (portfolio unit)
Grade C or above in 2 GCSE Science subjects, or a Merit or higher in BTEC Science. It is recommended that students have a minimum of Grade C in GCSE English and Maths. An interest in practical skills, independent learning and research and communication skills are all key aspects of this challenging but highly interesting course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St John's Catholic School & Sixth Form College - A Catholic Academy directly.