BTEC in Music Technology at Bitterne Park School
This course is designed to develop your skills in utilising music technology through the use of the recording studio, the PA system and the Apple Mac computers.
The course is made up of six units:
- Music events management - you will organise and manage a music event of your choice.
- Marketing and promotion - you will learn about ways in which music is marketed and promoted, and produce a marketing strategy/campaign for a music product.
- Producing a musical recording - you will work as part of a team to produce a CD.
- Live sound techniques - you will learn how to set up and operate sound equipment for a live performance.
- Music and sound for the moving image - you will compose music for a range of moving image projects.
- Backline technical management - you will learn about the maintenance and repair of the backline instruments (guitars, drum kit, keyboard).
Why this course
This course is ideal for students interested in developing skills learnt in BTEC Music. It is designed to develop your understanding of and ability to use a range of music technology.
You will need a minimum of five C grades at GCSE including English and Maths. Students studying BTEC Music Technology should have a BTEC in Music at a minimum of a Pass. Some experience of using both the Apple Mac computers and recording studio would be desirable.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bitterne Park School directly.