Photography at Cheam High School
Component 1 – Coursework
• You will learn how to use the functions of digital and film cameras and experiment with Photoshop and darkroom techniques
• You will complete a seven week project to develop the necessary skills and understanding of how to use SLR cameras
• You will develop ideas, inspired by photographers and create your own dynamic pieces
• In the second year you will choose your own Theme to research and develop your own imagery based on this
• You will also write a 2000 word contextual essay based on your theme
Component 2 – Exam
You will develop a journal of ideas, based on a theme set by the exam board and then have fifteen hours to produce a final piece in exam conditions.
GCSE grade C in English.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cheam High School directly.