Applied Science Level 3 BTEC Extended Certificate at Oakgrove School
This is a Applied Science Level 3 BTEC Extended Certificate consisting of 3 mandatory units and 1 optional unit.
Unit 1: Principles and Applications of Science
Unit 2: Practical Scientific Procedures and Techniques
Unit 3: Science Investigation Skills
Learners choose one optional unit which has been designed to support choices in progression to applied science courses in higher education. Optional units include:
Unit 8: Physiology of Human Body Systems
Unit 9: Human Regulation and Reproduction
Unit 10: Biological Molecules and Metabolic Pathways
Unit 11: Genetics and Genetic Engineering
Unit 12: Diseases and Infections
Unit 13: Applications of Inorganic Chemistry
Unit 14: Applications of Organic Chemistry
Unit 15: Electrical Circuits and their Application
Unit 16: Astronomy and Space Science
- There are three main forms of assessment: external (examinations), internal and synoptic.
- The external assessment is 1 hour 30 minutes.
- For internally-assessed units, the format of assessment is an assignment taken after the content of the unit and will take a variety of forms, including practical and written types.
- The mandatory synoptic unit requires students to apply learning from across the qualification to the completion of a defined vocational task.
- Students’ are graded on a Pass, Merit, Distinction basis with Distinction being the highest grade a student can achieve.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Oakgrove School directly.