Animal care, equine and countryside - BTEC Diploma in Animal Care level 2 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
Take your first step towards a career working with animals by gaining the knowledge and practical skills for a job role within the animal care industry or to progress onto a higher level course.
• Complete work experience in the landbased industries e.g. at a kennel, grooming parlour, pet shop or veterinary practice
• Learn how to look after animals
• Learn about practical animal feeding
• Maintain animal health and welfare
• Be introduced to animal breeds and grooming
The course has a balance of academic and practical subjects. Practical work takes place at our purpose-built animal centre and grooming salon.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades: English 3 and maths at 2 or above, and 2 other GCSEs grade 3 or above.
You will need a keen interest in the subject and a commitment to the welfare of animals.
You will be assessed with tutorials, presentations, written assignments and practical skills.
As a full time student you should not need to pay any course or examination fees (under 19).
There may be a cost for equipment, educational visits, printing etc.
BTEC Extended Diploma in Animal Management level 3.
You could move on to employment within the industry, including:
- animal collections,
- pet shops,
- animal welfare establishments,
- animal grooming parlours, or
- veterinary nursing assistant.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.