Acting Level 3 Diploma at City College Coventry
This is a practical course, where you will learn about the performing arts industry. It will help you develop the skills you need for future training and provide you with guidance on how to pursue a career within this highly competitive field.
This is a Study Programme course which, if successful, leads to the 90 credit qualification over one year and progression to the full 180 credit qualification over 2 years..
If you are interested in a career in performing arts and want an A level equivalent course which offers training in all aspects of theatre and performance, our course could be the right choice for you. It will provide you with a strong foundation for progression into Drama schools, higher education or a career within the performing arts or entertainment, leisure or communications industries.
All learners take these 5 core units:
- Performance Workshop
- The Performing Arts Business
- The Historical Context of Performance
- Rehearsing for performance
- Performing to an Audience
- You may also take some of these specialist units:
- Musical Theatre
- Devising Plays
- Physical Theatre
- Contemporary Theatre Performance
- Classical Theatre Performance
- Developing Voice for the Actor
- Acting Auditions
- Applying Acting Styles
- Drama Improvisation
- The Practice Of Directing Theatre
- Script Writing
- Dance Performance
- Performing with Masks
- Singing for actors
- Theatre for children
This course is a Study Programme which consists of:
- Vocational Qualification
- Work Experience
* If you have not already achieved a GCSE pass at grade C or above in English and Maths you will study Maths and/ or English as an integral part of your college programme.
4 GCSEs at Grade C or above including one in English or maths.
Relevant Level 2 qualification at Merit Level with GCSE/Level 2 in English & maths. If you have a Pass grade you will complete an additional assessment to check course suitability.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Coventry directly.