Accessibility links

German A Level at East Norfolk Sixth Form College

Course description

This course is suitable for those students who have enjoyed previous study of German and who wish to extend that study, opening up excellent prospects for European careers.

You will have access to satellite TV, computer programmes, magazines and opportunities to practice your speaking skills. You will learn about Germany and gain valuable insights into the culture of the country.

Course content

The course will include topics such as:

  • Multiculturalism
  • Artistic culture
  • Political life

Entry requirements

Grade B in GCSE German. Additionally you require a grade C in GCSE English. The course concentrates on the mastery of German and demands a high level of interest in a wide range of modern topics.

Assessment

Awarding Body - AQA

For both AS and A Level 30% of the marks will be allocated to an oral examination. The remaining 70% of the marks are allocated to a listening, reading and essay writing examinations. Students will have the chance to take examinations at the end of Year 1.

Future opportunities

Apart from gaining an AS/A level qualification, you will be looked upon favourably in the world of work and have a valuable life skill.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Norfolk Sixth Form College directly.

Last updated date: 07 September 2016

Key information

Venues