Economics at Ashmole Academy
It is important that students have an interest in economic affairs and a desire to explore why and how the study of Economics contributes to an understanding of the modern world.
Students will study individuals, firms, markets and market failure
- Economic methodology and the economic problem
- Individual economic decision making
- Price determination in a competitive market
- Production, costs and revenue
- Perfect competition, imperfectly competitive markets and monopoly
- The labour market
- The distribution of income and wealth: poverty and inequality
- The market mechanism, market failure and government intervention in markets The national and international economy
- The measurement of macroeconomic performance
- How the macroeconomy works : the circular flow of income, AD/AS analysis, and related concepts
- Economic performance
- Financial markets and monetary policy
- Fiscal policy and supply-side policies
- The international economy
3 Exams - Two hours duration with 33.3% weighting per paper.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ashmole Academy directly.