Plumbing Studies Diploma Level 1 at UTC@harbourside
This course will offer an introduction to plumbing studies.
The studies will include:
- The opportunity to engage in enrichment activities, project work and work placement with our industry partners
- Study at our modern facilities in Newhaven
- Be taught by fully trained and experienced teachers who will be dedicated to your growth and development of our students.
You will be introduced to all the different aspects of working as a plumber:
- The structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Above ground drainage
- Copper pipework
- Plastic pressure pipework
- Low carbon steel pipework
- Installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems
- Plumbing science
2 GCSE’s at grade E or above (or equivalent) and interview
During the course, there will be a number of test related to each unit in the qualification to determine your level of competency and to assess your progress and offer any additional support.
This level 1 diploma will provide you with the knowledge and understanding for progression onto the full time Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.