Pre-Apprenticeship and Employment Programme Entry Level 1 Certificate at City College Plymouth
Are you looking for help to find a job or gain the skills/ confidence to help you move onto further education or an Apprenticeship? Then this is the ideal study programme for you to gain a whole range of qualifications, skills and experiences.
On this course you have the chance to gain the following qualifications:
- Award/Certificate and Diploma in employabilty and personal development.
- Award in Enterprise Activity
- Functional Skills - ICT
- Functional Skills - Maths
- Functional Skills - English
- Preperations for Work
- Personal and Social Well-being
- First Aid
- Health and Safety.
The programme offers:
- access to nationally recognised qualifications
- hands-on practical work experience with local employers
- work trials with a local employer leading to employment/Apprenticeships
- tasters in training workshops - automotive, engineering, hairdressing, and many more sectors
- access to voluntary working on local community projects around the city
- confidence building/motivation/team building/ problem solving
- outward bound activities - caving, abseiling, canoeing
- functional skills - English, maths and computer skills
- employability skills such as interview techniques and CV design
- information, advice and guidance on training and employment opportunities
- weekly starts
- … and much, much more!
You must be aged 16-24 (subject to funding eligibility).
You must NOT already be employed.
Functional Skills - Maths, English and ICT
The Personalised Learning Programme enables you to progress onto:
- NEET Engagement Programme
- Prince's Trust Team
- employment or employment with training
- further education courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.