German - A Level at St Gregory the Great Catholic School
The course is largely topic-based. Students improve their language skills via a wide range of topics including: current affairs, contemporary social issues, the media, the world of work, culture and the arts.
Students following these courses will have the opportunity to:
• use a wide range of authentic materials, both spoken and written, including newspaper and magazine articles, and the Internet
• have regular conversation practice with the subject teacher either individually or in small groups
• develop linguistic skills and cultural awareness through watching films.
• understand spoken and written forms of German from a variety of registers
• communicate confidently and effectively in German
• increase knowledge of grammar and sensitivity to language and language learning
• develop critical insights into contemporary society
• develop independent study skills.
A minimum of six A*-C GCSE passes, preferably including a B in this subject.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Gregory the Great Catholic School directly.