Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (Level 2) Apprenticeship at Central College Nottingham
This course is for those looking for a career working with children and/or young people in Primary, Secondary or Special schools.
- Introduction to Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults
- Introduction to Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
- Support Positive Children and Young People’s Behaviour
- Maintain and Support Relationships with Children and Young People
- Introduction to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young People
- Contribute to Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Children’s and Young Person’s Development
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People.
- Contribute to the Support of Child and Young Person Development
- Contribute to the Support of Positive Environments for Children and Young People
- Understand Partnership Working in Services for Children and Young People
- Paediatric Emergency First Aid
- Managing Paediatric Illness and Injury
You may also have to study Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT depending on your GCSE results. English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
4 GCSEs at Grades D or above. A good reference will be required.
You will be assessed in your workplace for your practical skills and you will produce a portfolio of evidence to show your understanding of the knowledge required.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
Career opportunities include supporting learning in primary, secondary or special schools
You must be employed in a school for a minimum of 30 hours per week which you will be paid a mini9mum of £2.68 per hour. You will need to undertake a Disclosure and Barring check which is usually paid for by your employer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.