Hairdressing Advanced Technical Diploma Level 3 at Gloucestershire College
This course offers you the chance to become a fully qualified and employable hairdresser and will build on the techniques acquired during your Level 2 course and will introduce you to arrange of advanced hairdressing skills.
You will study:
- Advanced cutting
- Creative colouring
- Colour correction
- Avant Guarde
- Long Hair work
- Catwalk/Photoshoot Technique
- Salon Management
- Promotions in the Salon
- Hairdressing Theory
- Advanced consultation skills
- Health and safety
You will also develop your interpersonal skills, client care and consultation techniques through working as a Student Stylist in our High Street Salon Graduations at No 9 on a weekly basis.
Alongside these vocational subjects students will be expected to undertake:
- Industry related work placement externally and at Graduations at No9
- Maths and English
- Character Development
- Independent study where Students will undertake independent learning to enhance their understanding of the vocationally related theory.
- Charity, community and voluntary events often related to Hair and Beauty which may be in addition to your timetabled hours.
- Seminars, workshops with industry employers and suppliers
- Trips and visits
- In house, regional and national competition work
- You will need to have successfully achieved a relevant Level 2 Hairdressing qualification and achieved a Functional Skills in English at Level 2.
- Entry to the course is subject to a satisfactory reference, record of good attendance and a successful interview.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, commitment and an ability to communicate effectively.
- End of year Synoptic Assessment both practical and online knowledge based
- Written assignments and projects
- Practical assessments which are undertaken on paying clients
- A Portfolio of Evidence
All students are expected to purchase a uniform and full kit, two weeks before the course starts. There are supplementary costs for material, books, course trips and visits. Financial assistance may be available. Please enquire at with Student Service
On completion of the course, you could progress on to a Higher Education Course in Salon Management or you could gain employment as a Senior Hairstylist.
Graduations at all of our Gloucestershire College Campus’s and Graduations at No 9, our High Street Salon, offer learners the chance to train in facilities which are industry standard and will enable you to develop your skills in client consultation, customer service, current treatment techniques giving you the confidence to give pre and after treatment/service advice using a variety of professional ranges such as Wella, American Crew, OPI and Dermalogica.
Throughout your training programme you will be required to carry out treatments on your peers to develop your skills and take paying clients to gain the widest possible range of experiences and employability skills. As in a professional salon, students will be expected to give our clients the highest possible customer care and portray a professional image and are required to wear a salon uniform whilst in the salons. Note: This course is also available as an Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gloucestershire College directly.