Agriculture (Livestock Production) - Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at Easton & Otley College
This programme covers a range of Livestock Production skills and related practices. The objectives of the course are to ensure the development of practical skills, related background knowledge including health and safety issues and procedures.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 2 Diploma in Work Based Agriculture (Livestock Production)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- First Aid & 1 other additional employment related qualification
Course Content Includes:
- Prepare feed and water supplies
- Select and transfer livestock
- Prepare, establish & maintain livestock accommodation
- Deliver basic livestock treatments
- Establish and maintain animal health, welfare & husbandry
- Monitor and maintain health and safety
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 2 vocational qualifications.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
One day per week at college, supported with assessment in the workplace
Apprentices successfully completing the Intermediate Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by continuing onto the Advanced Apprenticeship in Agriculture or other Further Education courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.