Hairdressing Apprenticeship Level 2 at Accrington and Rossendale College
The learners will be in employment four days per week studying towards NVQ Level 2 and will attend College one day a week to study towards:
- NVQ Level 2 Hairdressing
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in English and Maths.
To achieve Level 2 in Hairdressing the learner must complete six units in total.
Mandatory units include:
- Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Give clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Advise and consult clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Change hair colour
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair into a basic style
- Style dress and finish hair.
Optional units would be negotiated to match the work place and job role.
There are two routes of entry onto this course:-
1. NVQ Level 1 Hairdressing or Beauty Therapy or equivalent.
2. To complete this qualification you will need at least 4 GCSEs at grade A – D and one of these must be English. The programme is a full time programme studied over one year.
Good communication skills and a pleasant outgoing personality are essential. A professional appearance, dedication and commitment are of extreme importance.
You can apply to progress onto NVQ or Diploma Level 3 Hairdressing or you may choose to seek employment within the Hairdressing industry for example as a Stylist, Freelance Stylist.
For health and safety reasons and before you are assessed you must comply with the following:-
Full black shoes must be worn.
Hair must be styled.
No jewellery except for a flat wedding band and a small pair of stud earrings and a fob watch.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Accrington and Rossendale College directly.